Commodore CBM (PET) 3032 – Repair and Restoration
This is the story of a Commodore CBM (PET) 3032 recovered in a pitiful state.
The motherboard was covered of rust and many IC are in short circuit. I had to replace some IC (broken or full of rust), rebuild some paths of the pcb and clean very well.
I have also restored the inside of the case, using an anti-rust gel painting.
Photos and Description of the work made:
- Various stages of the defects.
- The condition of the motherboard before cleaning / repairing.
- The motherboard after cleaning and repairing.
- The pcb of the monitor before and after cleaning.
- The case before and after painting. The painting is uniform and it’s a cause of the gel (very dense). The restructuring was done only internally, because there was a lot of rust inside, the external case is original, no painting needed.
- Close views of the pcb.
- Replaced components, 2732 to 2532 Eprom Adapter and some other PCB view.
- Repaired! the final test.
Here you can find the review of the Commodore CBM (PET) 3032.
a WordPress rating system