CBM prg Studio v3.10.0 released
CBM prg Studio Version 3.9.0 is released. There are a lot of new features in this version. I’d really appreciate it if you report any bugs you find or have any suggestions/comments.
CBM prg Studio allows you to type a BASIC or Machine Code program in using a nice Windows environment and convert it to a ‘.prg’ file which you can run on an emulator, or even a real C64 / VIC20 or PET if you’re feeling brave and have the right kit.
CBM prg Studio is the result of merging C64PrgGen and VIC20PrgGen. Adding new features and fixing bugs in two apps which were 95% similar was a bit of a nightmare so merging them made sense.
It was also a good opportunity for a face lift and to add some new features, such as:
- Programs are project based, meaning all related source files, sprite files etc. are kept in one place and multiple source files can be linked more easily.
- Tabbed MDI.
- Syntax highlighting.
What CBM prg Studio isn’t is a front-end for tok64, cbmcnvrt, bastext or any other tokeniser / detokeniser / assembler. It’s all been written completely from scratch.
New features in v3.10.0:
- Increased sprite include limit to 256.
- ‘Memory overwrite’ error is now a warning.
- Use CTRL+[ and CTRL+] to go to previous/next label definition.
- Sprite Editor:
- Added new functionality to scratchpad.
- Functions can act over a range.
- Character Editor:
- Rotate character 90 degrees.
- Option to load last edited project automatically.
- Using space(s) with screen code builder.
- Wrong menu after creating a project.
- Occasionally throws an exception when closing and opening the project explorer, project information and output windows.
- ‘User’ palette settings not saved/used.
- ‘User’ tools menu not created properly.
- Generate and launch could use wrong filename.
- VIC 20 memory configuration not set properly in emulator.
- Tabs with different zoom levels would crash when changing tabs.
- Uppercase PETSCII chars not generated properly.
- IncBin wrongly reporting file too large.
- Floating point value 0.0 not generated correctly.
- Renumber not working for certain uppercase keywords.
- Character code multiplier limited to 255.
- Compress should ignore comment lines.
- SID Tool:
- Incorrectly reporting that the tool was still open when quitting CBM prg Studio.
See the help for a complete list of new features and fixed bugs.
Note In this version, each target machine can have its own default project directory. If you are upgrading from a previous version (before version 2.5.1) of CBM prg Studio you may be asked to set up your project directories again. Your current projects will not be affected.
Download: CBM prg Studio v3.10.0 (33)