First of all, I must thank my dear friend Andrea for helping me financially to purchase this interface (one of the last pieces of the third batch).
Unboxing R&D Automation CFFA3000:
This is a CompactFlash / USB flash drive interface for Apple II family of computers.
- Support 1 to 13 partitions under ProDOS and GS/OS, and 2 virtual floppy drives
- Virtual Floppy image support allows the use of almost any non-copy-protected floppy disk image, including .dsk, .2mg, and .nib files. Note: .nib files of protected floppies will not work with the CFFA3000
- Allows storage of thousands of floppy and smartport disk images
- User configurable partition count
- Boot from either device and any partition
- Allow booting from Dos3.3, Pascal, CPM, Contiki, ProDOS or GS/OS directly from the Interface card (for a floppy-less system)
- Configurable as a CFFA smart port controller (i.e. a mass storage device) or as a floppy controller, or both. When configured as both, requires 2 slots in your Apple II, one for the physical card, and one for the virtual floppy controller.
- Hardware supports DMA, although v1.0 software does not currently support DMA. Future support is planned, but not guaranteed.
Apple IIgs through the GBS 8200 v4:
Apple IIgs through the GBS 8200 v4 (display scalar board) to a VGA Monitor.
The cable that i have made takes from the Video Connector of the Apple IIgs the 12v voltage for the GBS 8200.
Video Demostration of CFFA3000 through the GBS 8200:
source: CFFA3000 Homepage