This program works as a program launcher for Commodore machines. Even if it was originally intended for a device with sd2iec firmware, it works also with any CBM drive (without sd2iec functions of course).
It is a multi-system version derived from the discontinued sd2brwse v.0.6 by Hannu Nuotio (fork() of sdbrowse v.0.7)
The Vic-20 Mega-Cart Installer is based on sys.asm sources of mega-tools by Daniel Kahlin, sort routine by Michael Kircher.
Current supported machines:
- Vic-20 unexpanded.
- Vic-20 +3K RAM.
- Vic-20 +8K RAM or plus (for FE3 use this version)
- Vic-20 with Mega-Cart.
- C16 / C116 / Plus4.
- C128 in 64 mode.
- C128 80 Columns.
- C64-SD (any version, with ITS modules too)
- 1541 (with JiffyDOS too)
- v.0.1 – 01-Sep-2009 (Start of project, C64/C64DTV only)
- v.0.2 – 21-Oct-2009 (First working version for Vic-20 +8K RAM)
- v.0.3 – 06-Jan-2010 (Added memory config auto-detection for Vic-20 selected program)
- v.0.4 – 19-Jan-2010 (Added support for Vic-20 with Mega-Cart and manual start mode)
- v.0.5 – 10-Feb-2010 (Added support for Vic-20 unexpanded and Vic-20 +3K RAM)
- v.1.0 – 05-Mar-2010 (First public version, minor issues fixed, C64 and Vic-20 supported)
- v.1.1 – 22-Jun-2010 (Added support for D41 and DNP file images, sd2iec firmware v.0.9.0 or higher required)
- v.1.2 – 09-Oct-2010 (Added SJLOAD speed-up option to the manual mode of the Mega-cart version)
- v.1.3 – 31-May-2012 (Added support for C16/C116/Plus4, Sort directories, cosmetic changes)
- v.1.4 – 19-Jul-2012 (Added JIFFYDTV speed-up support for C64-DTV, Clear screen before RUN)
- v.1.5 – 03-Mar-2013 (Added support for C128, and uppercases disk images D64,D81,D71 etc.)
- v.1.6 – 20-Aug-2013 (Added support for Tap files using ITS modules, case insensitive disk images Dnp, TaP, m2I etc.)
Download: CBM FileBrowser v1.6 (555)