Released the latest version of DiagROM v0.9
What is DiagROM?
DiagROM is a diagnostic tool for the amiga computers.
And it is to be used on defective machines, trying to help no-boot situations etc.
You simply replace the Kickstart roms in the Amiga with the DiagROM. and when poweron. your Amiga will start a diagnostic software. It will try to dump info on the serialport (and actual menus etc aswell) while also trying on the screen.
- A lot of internal changes.
- But changed keyboardhandling in “Manual Edit” mode, hopefully keyboard works better now.
- Chipmemdetect at startup does more tests to capture more biterrors.
- Also added tests if CPU can do odd/eveb reads and writes. Request by Terriblefire.
- Added a testpicture as GFX Test
- Added test for RTC Chip, reads both types you have to know what chip is in your machine.
- Added a experimental Autoconfig support for Zorro II boards and memory, Remember that you can only run this ONCE.
- Autoconfigcode is based on Terriblefires code with addons by me.
- Audiotest now includes several notes and waveforms and also a module.
- 2017-04-15: Added Support for OKI Chipset in RTC Test
- Added (somewhat experimental) support for Autoconfig for Z2 boards.
- Must say thanx to Terriblefire for autoconfig code. (with some changes by my)
- Added test at startup to see if CPU can do odd/even byte read and writes
- Bumped version to V0.9 – Next Stable release
- Released while being at the Revision demoparty.
- 2017-02-25: Moved mainmenu alternatives to make space for more maintest-menus. also added some for future use.
- Started on Others tests/RTC Test for the moment only showing ricoh RTC chip (A4k etc)
- Removed temprary debugfunction added the 18:th.
- 2017-02-18: Minor changes. sometimes when exiting a testscreen you got to the mainmanu instead of the submenu. cleaned up now.
- also added a fakefastmem allocation at the boot so you can run stuff in fakefast by pressing LBM at poweron if needed.
- TEMPORARY DEBUGFUNCTION: while dumping serialport at beginnning, screen also flickers while doing a serial timeout.
- this is to figure out if machine still runs to veryfy I can do serialstuff (and detect failures) if paula is missing.
- will be removed soon as it screws up onscreen colorcodes.
- 2017-02-15: Added a testpicture, testscreen is moved in menu and will still bug. this will be reworked soon.
- 2017-02-04: Simple audiotest is now improved, it now plays different waveforms, I have checked the frequencys with my Rigol scope.
- But 20.6Hz in my headphones sounds weird, maybe should remove it in the test. the only thing not working there now is setting volume.
- 2017-01-30: In Manual edit: added when using “goto memoryaddress” when pressing x it clears the string totally. Also hopefully fixed keyboardbug making
- it more or less impossible to use keyboard on some machines.
- Fixed bug showing strange flickering spritebugs random
- Changed that in initial chipmemdetecting it checks more combinations of bits, this will make detect slower (due to serial output) but will detect more
- TEMPORARY function: pressing fire/mousebutton in joystickport while poweron will totally disable serialoutput. this is to be able to run with broken
- Paula. Will look into a better solution. so function will maybe be removed.
- Added a testmodule, A groupmember will make a chipmodule for me later to have here. Now using the classic “Echoing”
- 2017-01-06: Long time since last update. Hollidays etc. Anyway some minor internal fixes and a basic low-res testscreen added.
Download: DiagoROM v0.9 Stable (0)