Damn! the case Housing of the Power Supply is glued and is not a nice thing.
- 1 x IC CA723CE (Precision Voltage Regulators)
Analysis of the defect:
- Tested the cable.
- Tested the transistor TIP41C soldered on the PCB.
- Unsoldered the transistor TIP41C and i have again tested to make sure 100% that is not died, the transistor was not in short circuit or interrupted.
- With the transistor TIP41C unsoldered i have tested the output of the IC CA723CE PIN 10 VOUT which appeared to 0V instead of +5v while the input voltage (unregulated) PIN 12 measured +17v and VREF 6 PIN was correct.
Gallery of the repair:
Hoxs64 written by David Horrocks is a Commodore 64 emulator for Microsoft Windows 2K/XP/Vista/Seven (DirectX 9+)
The emulator substantially reproduces this legacy machine in minute detail.
- Added Benjamin ‘BeRo’ Rosseaux’s P64 1541 file format. Hoxs64 incorporates the P64 source code written by Benjamin ‘BeRo’ Rosseaux author of Mirco64 http://micro64.de The P64 disk representation with its linked list management is now used as the internal real time representation of the disk.
- Fixed numerous bugs with the CIA Time Of Day clocks so as to pass the VICE test programs under testprogs\CIA\tod
- Improved CIA emulation to handle instructions that perform multiple accesses to address $DD0D so as to pass the VICE test testprogs\CIA\dd0dtest\dd0dtest.prg
Sorry, this entry is only available in Italian.
The High Voltage SID Collection (HVSC) is a freeware hobby project which organises Commodore 64 music (also known as SID music) into an archive for both musicians and fans alike.
The work on the collection is done completely in the Team and contributors’ spare time and is proudly one of the largest and most accurate computer music collections known.
This update features (all approximates):
- 430 new SIDs
- 50 fixed/better rips
- 3 repeats/bad rips eliminated
- 201 SID credit fixes
- 26 SID model/clock infos
- 7 tunes from /DEMOS/UNKNOWN/ identified
- 5 tunes from /GAMES/ identified
- 22 tunes moved out of /DEMOS/ to their composers’ directories
- 10 tunes moved out of /GAMES/ to their composers’ directories
Thanks to my friend Andry for donation of some Software on Tape.
ORIC-1 48k Software:
- Star Fighter / Durell Software
- Oric Munch / TanSoft
- Kilburn Encounter / TanSoft
- Super Advanced Breakout / TanSoft
- Super Advanced Breakout / Oric Software
- Defence Force / TanSoft
- Rat Splat / TanSoft
- Ultima Zone / TanSoft
- Oric Flight / Oric Software
- Teach Yourself Basic / Oric Software
- Oric MultiGames 1 / Oric Software
- House of the Death / TanSoft
- Zodiac / TanSoft
- Chess / TanSoft
- Nowotnik Puzzle / TanSoft
- Zargons Revenge / TanSoft
DRAGON 32K Software:
- Golf / PSS
- Ultimate Adventure / Microdeal Software
- Flipper / Microdeal Software
- Ultimate Adventure 4 / Microdeal Software
- Intergalactic Force / Microdeal Software
- Katerpillar Attack / Microdeal Software
- Morbid Mansion / Blably Computer Games
- Transylvanian Tower / Richard Shepherd Software
Thanks to my friend Andry for donation of some Coleco Adam Software/Cartridge
- The Adam Home Software Library [Tape] / Coleco
- A.E and Choplifter [Tape] / Broderbund – Coleco
- Smart Filer [Tape] / Coleco
- Monkey Academy [Cartridge] / Coleco
- Wacky Word Games [Tape] / Coleco
- Smart Letters & Forms [Tape] / Coleco
- Electronic Flashcard Maker [Tape] / Coleco
- Telly Turtle [Cartridge] / Coleco
Thanks to my friend Andry for donation of some ColecoVision cartridges
- Pitfall / Activision (Boxed)
- Zaxxon / Sega (Boxed)
- Roc’n'Rope / Konami (Boxed)
- Congo Bongo / Sega (Boxed)
- Destructor / Coleco (Boxed)
- Donkey Kong Junior / Nintendo (Boxed)
- Donkey Kong / Nintendo (Boxed)
- Super Action Football / Coleco (Boxed)
- Bunp’n'Jump / Data East (Boxed)
- Mr.Do / Universal (Boxed)
- Smurf / Peyo (Boxed)
- Front Line / Taito (Boxed)
- Space Panic / Universal (Loose)
- Popeye / Parker (Loose)
- Pepper II / Exidy Inc. (Loose)
- Jumpman Junior / Epyx (Loose)
Commodore CD32 Revision 3 (Boxed) Full Recap
- 2 x 1000uF 10v (VERTICAL)
- 1 x 470uF 10v (VERTICAL)
- 9 x 100uF 6,3v (SMD)
- 6 x 22uF 35v (SMD)
- 5 x 47uF 16v (SMD)
- 4 x 10uF 35v (SMD)
- 4 x 4,7uF 35v (SMD)
Reversed the polarity of the two capacitors by 1000uF because in the revision 3 of the CD32 and earlier are wrong. (the label of the polarity on the PCB is not correct)
Commodore 16 Repair
- Don’t works any program that requires too much memory.
I have used for the first time the DIAG264 (Kernel version, but there is also a cartridge version) and i must say that it works well.
Gallery of the repair:
A new generation of PLA for the C64 is now available! PLAnkton is a new substitute for the C64 PLA U17 part no. 906114-01 or 251064-01.
A few years ago, a PLA based on the Xilinx XC9536 appeared in the Commodore community. This circuit is now out of production and has been for quite some time.
The new generation of CPLD which replaces this circuit is the XC9536XL which runs at a lower voltage and has more features built-in.
Fredric Blaholtz aka E5frog has created a new VHDL code for the XC9536XL which includes a sophisticated chain reaction delay to ensure full compatibility with all versions of the C64 and exploits the built-in slew rate control and low power mode of this modern IC. The result is a PLA that is fully compatible with all C64 boards except assy 250469 and all C64 cartridges including, FastLoad, Super Zaxxon, 1541 Ultimate I and II and consumes only 20mA – one fifth the power of an original Commodore PLA and produces absolutely no heat. It is equipped with gold plated pins to ensure the highest reliability and longevity.
This new PLA, when compared to the SuperPLA V3, proves to be 100% compatible with older boards Assy 326298 as well as all C64 cartridges including Epyx FastLoad, consumes one third the power and costs 25% less. Its also smaller and won’t cause physical conflict with the SID nearby on older boards.
Features and characteristics:
- Costs 35% less than the SuperPLA V3.
- Draws only 20mA – 1/5 the power of an original Commodore PLA – 1/3 the power of the Super PLA V3 or the same an a small green LED.
- Produces no discernable heat.
- Designed to produce electrical signals of EXACTLY the same voltages as a genuine Commodore PLA.
- 100% compatible with ALL C64 mainboards 326298, 250407, 250425, SX-64, 250466, 64 Reloaded (NOT compatible with board 250469)
- 100% compatible with ALL C64 cartridges including Epyx FastLoad, 1541 Ultimate I & II, Super Zaxxon, Easy Flash 1 and 3.
- Made only using currently available genuine Xilinx circuits purchased from an authorized distributor.
- Gold plated pins for best reliability and longevity.
I don’t want to make yet another boring review of the Nintendo Classic Mini, there are many on the net.
I will just say that is made very well, the 30 games included are emulated very well and seem bug free at least i have not found anyone.
The games selection menu is done very well, fast and intuitive.
The appearance is what impressed me, very beautiful and solid.
I have nothing else to say.
Sega SC-3000 Repair
- The graphics of the games is not displayed correctly.
- The BASIC cartridge does not work.
- 2 x MCM4517-15 RAM (IC12/IC13).
I have replaced the two RAM MCM4517-15 with a classic RAM 4164 (also used in the Commodore 64) paying attention to short-circuit the pin 9 and 10 of the 4164 RAM.
The MCM4517-15 RAM are 16,384 Words x 1 bit while the 4164 is 65,536 x 1 bit, both are PINOUT compatible except for the pin 9 which in the MCM4517-15 is not used while in 4164 is A7.
This “tricks” to short-circuit the pin 9 and 10 instead of using a resistor of pull-down is also used in some coin-op arcade boards that use the same RAM.
Gallery of the repair:
Mattel Intellivision with ZOE RGB (Limited Edition)
Why is Limited Edition?
Because i have made these works:
- Shielded cord Male MiniDIN Scart (cable length: 2,5 meters) also the cable that connecting the female connector MiniDIN to the PCB of the ZOE RGB is shielded.
- Female connector MiniDIN installed in the RF signal output hole and strongly fixed.
- Removed the RF Modulator.
- Installed a electrolytic capacitor in series of the output audio.
- Minimized the flat that connects the ZOE RGB with the Intellivision Motherboard.
- Installed the metal cover on the solder side of the motherboard.
Some new games or tools (Cracked / Trained or Unrealeased) for Commodore 64 have been released from your favorites groups.
- Jack the Ninja Preview
- Super Stardust Preview
- Let’s Invade Preview +
- Zombie Preview +
- Zombi Terror +DGMW
- Scary Monsters +3DH
- Bugs Bunny Preview +4
- Donkey Kong + (X2016 Version)
- Donkey Kong
- Let’s Invade! +7D
- Let’s Invade!
- Drag Race Eliminator V3.1 &D
- Wizard and Ultimate Wizard +2GMH
- Goblin Towers (1983+1987) &DS &Map
- C-2048  +H
- Power Gate Preview +
- An Unusual Dream
- Crazy Music
- Seek’n'Destroy Preview +3
- Jail Break +5DHF
- Argos +2T
- Race +1T
- Survive +2H
- All About Dinosaurs +D [iffl]
- Quadriga +TD
- Torussa-Life +TD
- Compuzzle +TD
- Basic Sex
- Gearhead Garage Basic
- The Uni Games V0.4
- Shotgun X-Mas Edition
- Motorman Preview V2
- Wizerior II Preview
- Jupple Dust Preview
- Bergbert III – The Blue Knight [seuck]
- Wizard’s Dominion &D
- Operation Omega Blast [demo]
Download: All Games in One Archive (206)